Leidos is looking for a Deputy Program Manager (DPM) with a strong background in the delivery of Enterprise Cloud Services and with the ability to manage the operation, maintenance, and modernization of an IT portfolio critical to the mission of US Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
The Deputy Program Manager will manage the operations and all necessary aspects of planning, implementing, transitioning, operating, and maintaining CBP’ delivery of hybrid data center and cloud support services to CBP and participating CBP Components. Information and data may be shared across CBP, with other Government agencies, and other authorized groups and stakeholders.
This position will be responsible for all program operations in the absence of the program manager. During times when the Program Manager is unavailable, the Deputy Program Manager will serve as Leidos’ single BPA manager and will be Leidos’ authorized interface with the Government CO, COR, and TPOC for the TO.
The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for:
• Serve as the secondary point of contact to interface with CBP management personnel, CBP contracts staff, and other officials relative to program performance, as well as the Point of Contact for collaboration with other CBP contractors performing on related task orders in the environment.
• While in the designated role, the Deputy Program Manager will be responsible for overall BPA performance and will be available to plan, direct, and control the overall management and operational functions specified herein during normal hours of operation, and during periods of no-notice emergencies, including localized acts of nature, accidents, and military or terrorist attacks.
• Formulate and review project plans, assists in determining costs, and ensures conformance to work standards.
• Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning work schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising personnel and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates. Assigns, schedules, and reviews work of subordinates.
• Able to evaluate proposed information systems to determine technical feasibility with government specified technologies, cost for implementation and operation, as well as functional adequacy.
• Analyze and predict trends and develop long-range plans designed to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness of the enterprise’s data center IT infrastructure.
• Participate in IT strategy planning activities, bringing a current knowledge and future vision of infrastructure technology and systems and best practices (e.g., ITIL) as related to the needs of the business.
• Proactively research and recommend courses of action to prevent problems and to maintain high infrastructure service levels for the user community.
• Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years’ experience, or equivalent experience/combined education of at least 15 years with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment.
• Certification in Project Management or Program Management from a recognized credentialing agency (PMP or PgMP).
• 3-7 Years’ experience managing 24x7x365 large scale enterprise data center operations including metrics collection and reporting
• Experience with Data Center facilities design and physical security
• Experience with Data Center management systems, applications, and data security
• Experience with cloud-based Data Center offerings
• Experience with Service Desk Support and Operations
• Experience with Data Center consolidation and modernization
• Experience with Data Center migration to the cloud
• Strong working knowledge of private and hybrid cloud architectures and technologies
• Demonstrates integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility, and diversity
• Experience organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks
• Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
• Experience meeting with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans
• Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
• Experience mentoring staff in order to maintain high levels of performance and positive morale
• Experience managing tools, purchases, and a demonstrated understanding of purchasing systems
• Knowledge of ITIL
• Knowledge of industry/government best practices
• U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain a CBP Full Background Investigation
• Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
• Experience developing a strategic vision for a complex organization, balancing modernization needs with critical daily operations and maintenance requirements.
• Experience managing programs or projects in a CBP environment.
• Experience with data center modernization/consolidation/cloud migration
Experience managing programs that have migrated datacenter applications (mainframe and server-based) into the cloud such as AWS and Azure
• Experience with CBP OIT System Engineering Lifecycle Processes
• Active CBP Full Background Investigation
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.