Leidos is looking for a Program Manager (PM) with a strong background in the delivery of Enterprise Cloud Services and with the ability to manage the operation, maintenance, and modernization of an IT portfolio critical to the mission of US Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
The PM must provide the leadership and have the interpersonal communication skills necessary to inspire, lead, direct and manage a large IT program. The PM will interface with senior CBP leaders and directors to help define their vision and lay down the hybrid cloud implementation roadmap that will provide the capabilities needed to support that vision. The PM will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact with the program office for management and technical matters and contract-level issues. The PM will need to introduce and facilitate process changes into a large organization. The PM must effectively negotiate differences that may exist between Leidos, our partners, and the customer in order to bring together a cohesive/efficiently running IT organization.
The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for:
• Establishing customer intimacy to understand their mission/vision and establish IT objectives that will achieve success in that mission.
• Providing the planning, direction, coordination, and control necessary to accomplish all work requirements and task orders; and manage and oversee all activities performed by the program team, including subcontractors, to satisfy the contract requirements.
• Serving as technical and programmatic liaison to the Government with the authority to commit program resources to ensure efficient and timely execution.
• Keeping the customer informed and providing good visibility into ongoing activities.
• Presenting status of contract activities, requirements, and problems during program reviews and in response to requests from the Government.
• Developing and implementing long-term IT roadmaps and strategy, and monitors alignment of tactical activities for potential changes in product owner priorities
• Coordinating with contracts, finance, human resources, and procurement management functions.
• Hiring and supervising employees and subcontractor staff. Authoring subcontracting firm performance assessments.
• Identifying program risks and their mitigation.
• Driving process improvements and innovation.
• Planning and implementing actions by the program team to define and implement technical baseline and meet quality requirements for all deliverables
• Creating plans and processes required to meet all performance, schedule, quality, cost, and security requirements.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
• Certification in Project Management from a recognized credentialing agency (PMP), certification in Program Management (PgMP) preferred, but not required
• 5-10 Years’ experience managing 24x7x365 large scale enterprise data center operations including metrics collection and reporting
• Experience with Data Center facilities design and physical security
• Experience with Data Center management systems, applications, and data security
• Experience with Data Center consolidation and modernization
• Experience with Data Center migration to the cloud
• Experience with cloud-based Data Center offerings
• Experience with Service Desk Support and Operations
• Strong working knowledge of private and hybrid cloud architectures and technologies
• Demonstrates integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility, and diversity
• Experience organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks
• Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
• Experience meeting with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, and effectively execute in accordance with approved plans
• Ability to collaborate with technical staff and customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
• Experience mentoring staff in order to maintain high levels of performance and positive morale
• Experience managing tools, purchases, and a demonstrated understanding of purchasing systems
• Knowledge of ITIL
• Knowledge of industry/government best practices
• U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain a CBP Full Background Investigation
• Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
• Experience developing a strategic vision for a complex organization, balancing modernization needs with critical daily operations and maintenance requirements.
• Experience managing programs or projects in a CBP environment.
• Experience with data center modernization/consolidation
• Experience managing programs that have migrated datacenter applications (mainframe and server-based) into the cloud such as AWS and Azure
• Experience with CBP OIT System Engineering Lifecycle Processes
• Active CBP Full Background Investigation
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.