Industrial Energy Advisor – Detroit, MI area
Leidos seeks an Industrial Energy Advisor to both market and support energy-efficiency programs that promote the continual improvement approach of Strategic Energy Management at large industrial and commercial facilities near Detroit, Michigan. This exciting position offers a very unique career opportunity for dynamic people who possess excellent outreach, sales, communication and organizational skills to sell leading edge energy efficiency projects within a creative team environment.
• Identify efficiency opportunities, calculate energy savings, maintain customer relationships, and deliver presentations.
• Directly market to large commercial, industrial and governmental facility owners.
• Work closely with facility managers, facility and manufacturing engineers, contractors, suppliers, and energy engineers to encourage energy efficiency practices in their facilities.
• Requires a Bachelor’s of Science or Engineering degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
• Relevant experience with industrial manufacturing environments and energy management is desired. Excellent written and verbal communications are essential. An engineering degree is preferred.
• Have initiative to develop relationships with customers and vendors, to keep contacts up-to-date and demonstrate knowledge of energy efficiency technologies and practices in demand side management. It is critical that productivity, accuracy, organization and effective date communication be demonstrated in performance of all work.
• Requires a valid driver’s license and physical ability to perform field verification of pre and post installation of energy efficiency measures.
• Possess a basic general knowledge of building systems, industrial systems, construction practices, and/or the energy efficiency industry.
• Must be highly motivated, well organized, self-starting, have strong written and verbal communication skills, and work well in a team setting.
• Candidates living in the state of Michigan may have the option of working from home.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.