Leidos is seeking a Chief Architect to lead the technical strategy, solution development/approach, and execution of systems and infrastructure information technology (IT) and support services to the US Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The Chief Architect will lead and participate in comprehensive systems design and enterprise architecture engineering oversight to include analytical, and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation solutions that include data center infrastructure and multiple cloud solutions (i.e., private cloud, public cloud, hybrid cloud). These professional services are required to modernize CBP legacy systems, protect their networks, infrastructure, and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions to the CBP operators and end users.
The Chief Architect will lead the development of all Enterprise Cloud Services infrastructure and services plans, oversee implementation of approved architectures and engineering efforts, and be responsible for setting direction and promoting continuous evolution of the environment, including architecture refresh and cloud integration. The successful candidate will have strong organizational and analytical skills with the ability to understand and break down complex architectures with minimum supervision.
The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for:
• Serve as the Leidos principle IT engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, and implementation of various IT solutions including:
o Shared services environment and/or support services for a unified service catalog
o Data Center consolidation
o Data Center infrastructure modernization
o Data Center migration to the cloud
o Cloud security strategies and implementation including FedRAMP
o Disaster recovery and continuity of operations strategies and infrastructure design
o Data protection and backup schemes
o Identity and access management
• Provide technical expertise and analytic support of current CBP Data Center infrastructure architectures, systems, and security.
• Lead the research, analysis, solution design, and implementation planning of IT solutions for the modernization of legacy data center systems and networks.
• Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to a complex, matrixed Information Technology operation in support of the CBP Data Center, cloud, and hybrid cloud enterprise.
• Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, and integration advice on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
• Create, review, analyze, and incorporate technical requirements into Data Center and Enterprise Wide architectures.
• Communicate critical and time sensitive network planning, performance, and vulnerability information directly to the Data Center Program Management.
• Provide guidance, oversight, and direction for the application of state of the art information technology within Data Center, ensuring that the CBP utilizes best in class technologies and practices in support of its missions.
• Lead the development of highly innovative products/solutions, achieved through collaboration and dialogue with other experts
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 15+ years of experience with engineering and architecting enterprise IT solutions.
• Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design.
• Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex IT solutions in a large scale enterprise.
• Demonstrated experience in practical application of life-cycle system engineering for IT infrastructure.
• Demonstrated experience designing and modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems.
• Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices comprising concept development, requirements engineering, architecture, design and development, integration, test and evaluation, and operations and maintenance.
• Demonstrated experience designing, developing, building and implementing information security within networks and infrastructure using appropriate information security standards, life cycle management, researching, and proposing new technologies for inclusion in future designs, and developing detailed end-to-end network and infrastructure performance assessments.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain a CBP Full Background Investigation
• Master’s degree in a relevant technical discipline.
• Currently possess an active Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Demonstrated experience with server virtualization technologies such as VMware, Citrix, or Hyper-V.
• Demonstrated experience in at least 3 of the below architectural concepts:
o Cloud Brokerage/reseller services
o Hybrid Cloud services
o Distributed cloud services
o Cloud Services Catalogs
o Automated provisioning of cloud resources, interconnection points and access points
o Cloud services performance monitoring and management
o Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
o Cloud service offering of Data Analytics and AI/ML
o Commercial SaaS solutions license management and integration
o Micro services and containerization
• Demonstrated experience with two or more of the following:
o Office 365
o Power BI
o IBM Maximo
o IBM Trirega
• Demonstrated experience with operating systems such as RedHat Linux, Windows Server, or Unix.
• At least one nationally recognized vendor certification.
• Network transformation and modernization planning experience to optimize, improve efficiency of services, and enhance network design.
• Active CBP Full Background Investigation
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.