Leidos Innovation Center is seeking an Under Graduate and/or Graduate interns with Systems, Mechanical, Mathematicians, or Electrical Engineering Interns in Beavercreek, OH to perform analysis on foreign and/or US find, fix, track, target, engage, and assess (F2T2EA) modes of integrated air defense systems (IADS) and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) sensor systems and systems of systems. This includes working with a team to develop and use digital modeling and simulation systems, hardware in the loop testing (HITL), and/or field-testing of optical and radio frequency (e.g. radar) sensors. Gain experience while working on challenging problems to help us achieve our project goals while supporting a highly skilled technical team operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Support development of sensor system models by implementing the algorithms and modeling them in software
- Work with team in the development of HITL sensor systems in real-time embedded applications, integrated demonstration systems, or field tests.
- Support research and development to help us solve hard problems for our customers.
- Collaborate with other R&D software engineers and computer scientists to implement sensor systems in digital models and real-time embedded applications.
- Work within a team to develop and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, communication skills, and will be self-motivated.
- Working towards a BS in Electrical, Systems, Mathematics, or Mechanical/Aero/Astro Engineering degree or Graduate degree.
- One or more years with some combination of signal processing, sensor, and/or communications systems experience, including internships, course work, or hobby projects.
- Experience with one or more (Matlab, Python, and/or C++) programming languages and tools
- Experience working with optical or radio frequency (e.g radar) sensors
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Ability to obtain a DoD secret clearance, US Citizenship required.
Some background (in order of importance) or applicable coursework to the experience topics below such as linear algebra, statistics, electromagnetics, optics, communication theory, linear systems, image processing, signal processing, and/or control theory. Helpful course work or experience with:
• Optical and/or radio frequency (e.g radar) sensors
• Kalman filters
• Detection, estimation, and tracking algorithms
• Guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) systems
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.