Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
Leidos currently has an opening for a Network Administrator to work on a client site in Washington, DC. This role supports day-to-day network O&M and will be involved in an enterprise modernization project. Duties are primarily focused on administration, with some engineering scope.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Review and update networking documentation, quality assurance plans, and security plans.
- Support existing network operations and maintenance for devices inclusive of all switching and routing equipment, connected or to-be-connected IP-addressable devices, and all cabling interconnects.
- Support network upgrades with installation and configuration.
- Provide ongoing network administration, monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning.
- Make data-driven recommendations to Network Team Lead that will result in continued network optimization.
- Administer and manage firewall security appliances, VPNs and mobile networks, and other network systems.
- Recognize, monitor, escalate, and mitigate potential network security vulnerabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong understanding of current and emerging network protocols; and expertise in administering subnets, virtual LANs, firewalls, VPNs, and other network appliances.
- Experience supporting Cisco and Aruba network equipment, as well as network software including Solarwinds, NetMRI, and WhatsUp Gold.
- Relevant technical certifications, such as CompTIA (Network+ and Security+ preferred), Cisco CCNA/CCNP, MCSA/MCSE, or VCP.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.