Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
Leidos is seeking a Server Engineer to work on a client site in Washington, DC. This role is supporting a 24/7/365 data center and the Server Engineer will have exposure to server virtualization, disaster recovery, cloud migration, and related technologies.
This position may require some travel to the backup data center in Manassas, VA. Candidate should have reliable transportation available.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide day-to-day server engineering and administration support.
- Implement server solutions, including replication and disaster recovery for virtualized and non-virtualized devices.
- Support Tier 1-2 server issues to assist with the resolution of network issues.
- Configures, implements, and upgrades new and existing computer systems, operating systems, and server technologies.
- Performs system analysis, including I/O and architecture.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems and provides recommendations for system enhancements and additions to ensure continued system reliability.
- Support Senior Server Engineers and Server Team Lead with ongoing metrics and performance feedback to ensure system stability and efficiency.
- Writes scripts to perform tests ensuring that systems meet documented user requirements.
- Support implementation of automation technologies for continual process improvement.
- Support client data audits and coordinate with other project teams on enterprise modernization initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Understanding of Windows and VMWare server technologies, and senior-level knowledge of server support and data center operations.
- Relevant technical certifications, such as VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), CompTIA Server+, etc.
- Team Lead or Senior Engineer support, with experience coaching and managing junior staff.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.