Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
Leidos is seeking a Senior Server Engineer to work on a client site in Washington, DC. This role is supporting a 24/7/365 data center and the Senior Server Engineer will have exposure to server virtualization, disaster recovery, cloud migration, and related technologies.
This position may require some travel to the backup data center in Manassas, VA. Candidate should have reliable transportation available.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as a technical SME supporting client data center and server infrastructure with additional management scope as deputy Team Lead reporting to Server Team Lead and Project Manager.
- Support major technology initiative planning and lead execution.
- Provide Tier 3 support for VMWare and Windows server virtualization and related technologies.
- Supervise and support implementation of server solutions, including replication and disaster recovery, along with supporting enterprise technologies for ongoing modernization activities.
- Researches, compiles, and analyzes advancements in system design to assist with the resolution of network issues.
- Review system documentation and provides recommendations for system enhancements and additions.
- Coordinate upgrades and enhance operational efficiency through process orchestration and automation.
- Presents and communicates comprehensive information, ideas and advice in a clear, concise and logical manner, both orally and in writing.
- Provides consultative expertise to Server Team Lead and client stakeholders on standards, policies, principles, practices and techniques of system engineering and documentation.
- Leverage understanding of process improvement methodologies such as ITIL and CMMI to educate client stakeholders and junior staff on server best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of related experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Understanding of Windows and VMWare server technologies, and senior-level knowledge of server support and data center operations.
- Relevant technical certifications, such as VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), CompTIA Server+, etc.
- Team Lead experience, with the ability to interface with client stakeholders externally, and coaching and managing staff internally.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.