The Quick Reaction Capability Airborne Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (QRC AISR) Division currently has an opening for an IT Engineer supporting an OCONUS-based manned ISR program. Leidos is the Lead Systems Integrator for manned aircraft providing imagery and multi-source data for both real-time and post mission analysis. The IT Engineer is responsible for the efficient and smooth operation of IT systems in support of multiple deployed platforms. He/she will also be responsible for designing, configuring, and maintaining the information system.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues on servers, clients and networks
- Communicate effectively with other government and commercial entities about end user issues
- Create documentation on new or existing technologies, how to implement updates and/or enclave expansions
- Create and/or update multi-vendor firewall and switch configurations for new devices or network expansions
- Research, recommend, and evaluate network performance, optimization, and security solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four (4) years of experience with system administration of a Microsoft domain or VMware environment. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Security+ certification required.
- Knowledge of DISA STIGs and how to implement hardening to network devices i.e. Routers, L3/L2 switches, Cisco ASAs, firewalls
- Knowledge and experience with setting up Domains, Active Directory, DNS, GPOs, DHCP, Radius.
- Be able to obtain a passport and visa to travel internationally/OCONUS based on rotational schedule
- Able to work long, irregular hours in hardship and hazardous locations when OCONUS
- Must be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires successful deployment physical, immunizations, and training
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active Secret clearance within 30 days of formal acceptance
- Active clearance
- Certifications: Cisco , Microsoft or VMware Certified Professional for vSphere
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.