The Maritime Systems Division currently has an opening for Systems Engineer (SE) to support autonomous maritime projects ‘by defining systems/interface requirements definition and management, architecture design/development and Systems Integration. The successful candidate will have a background in Navy or commercial ship systems and operations.
The SE provides support to the Lead Systems Engineer to achieve objectives in accordance with the system life cycle activities across multiple autonomous platforms and is responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding. Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance:
Specific work items to be performed include:
- Requirements Development/Management
- System Specification Development
- Development of Interface Control Drawings/Documents
- CONOPS/Use Case Development
- Cameo or other MBSE tool for modeling of system requirements, functional and physical allocation and definition and documentation.
- Working knowledge/implementation of department of defense and military standards
- Proficient with MS Office products including Visio, Excel, Word and Project
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Expert interpersonal skills when working as part of a team and capable of working independently when required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an Engineering Discipline
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of engineering experience with at least two of these years in a systems engineering role
- Active Secret Clearance
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Discipline with Systems Engineering
- Experience in development/documentation of system/subsystems in a modeling tool using SysML
- Integration of sensors, networks and/or communications systems
- Interface constraints and documentation
- SharePoint Work Flow experience
- SolidWorks experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.