Leidos is seeking a Full Stack (Java) Software Developer for our SSA ITSSC II program in the Windsor Mill area of Baltimore, MD.
You are a team player with substantial software engineering experience. You will provide hands-on experience with enterprise software development, integration, implementation, test automation, and SOA/Microservice architecture to a cross-functional software development team. The person who will perform well in this role will have a willingness to learn new innovative technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. As our Full Stack Java Developer, you will play a key role in modernizing legacy applications leveraging cloud computing, DevOps, or Big Data technologies.
- Key member on our team to architect, design, code, and implement next-generation web application using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies:
- Single Page Application front-end (Angular, React, NodeJS, Sass, Typescript)
- Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
- DevOps (Jenkins, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, SonarQube, UrbanCode)
- Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Java application integration, Java enterprise services, service oriented architectures (SOA), security, business process management/business rules processing, user experience (UX) and accessibility (Section 508/WCAG/USDS Web Standards)
- Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component: front-end, business logic, middleware, or database (PL/SQL and Data Modeling).
- Work with team to brief management, customer, team, or vendors using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level for audience
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field with at least 4 years' experience;
- 6+ years of experience with full lifecycle development
- 5+ years of experience with Java systems/application analysis & design
- 3+ years of combined experience SOA/Microservice architecture/RESTful web service
- Master’s degree may substitute for 2 years of required experience
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Public Trust clearance
- Knowledge with Java EE, Java generics and concurrent programming.
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle), SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate, Spring JDBC)
- SOA/Microservice architecture
- Solid experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium, Karma/Jasmine)
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment
- Preferred experience with building responsive UIs with modern front end technologies (Angular, React, Node, Typescript, Bootstrap)
- Preferred experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Batch, Cloud, Security, Data)
- Preferred experience with delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
- Preferred experience with PaaS using Red Hat OpenShift / Kubernetes, and Docker containers
- Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.