Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes three years running as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
We know once you join our team, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!! is looking for a Technical Project Manager-Systems Engineer to support a large IT contract at its customer location in Springfield, VA.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
This PM role is part of larger team of PMs under the contract’s Service Strategy Team. The PM will be responsible for leading the full lifecycle of multiple, simultaneous projects of varying sizes and complexity in support of local and regional (CONUS and OCONUS) requirements. May also have purview over Assessments, Studies, Pilots and Emerging Requirements Management.
- Plan, execute, and close projects that meet or exceed customer objectives
- Create clear and attainable project objectives, build project requirements, and manage constraints of cost, time, scope, and quality
- Develop the overall project plan and manage project operations
- Manage the project stakeholders, project team, project risk, project schedule, project budget, and project conflicts
- Ensure team members know and execute their respective roles and the roles of the other team members
- Ensure production schedules are met and system resources are used effectively
- Coordinate resolution of production-related problems
- Ensures proper relationships are established between customers, teaming partners, and vendors to facilitate the delivery of information technology services
Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues. Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers. Deliverables include CDRLs, weekly and monthly project reporting and project plans.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- Large IT Services contract program management experience
- Technical background in addition to PM experience
- TS/SCI level security clearance action and willing to obtain a Polygraph
HOW YOU CAN STAND OUT:
- PMP Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technology Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.