The Aviation Maintenance and Integration Division (AMID) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Logistics Manager to work in Manassas, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in advancing the AMID's growing capability.
In this role, the Logistics Manager will support daily stand-up meetings, track delivery of materials, track inventory, assist with quotes for procurement and work with procurement to source and purchase materials in support of aircraft maintenance and production.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Will manage and make all decisions with regards to aircraft equipment, GFE and GSE inventories at all CONUS and OCONUS sites
- Responsible for ensuring 100% accountability of all equipment, parts and materials associated with the contract.
- Will communicate with internal team members across multiple areas and client team members and all external shipping vendors and freight companies.
- Responsible for the safe and secure shipment of all equipment, parts and materials --to include classified shipments, and provide oversight and monitor sub-contractors to ensure material flow.
- Manage test equipment, common and special tools, support vehicles and items required to support maintenance functions.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding export-controlled Information and Technology and shall not use, distribute, transfer or transmit Technology (even if incorporated into products, software or other information) except in compliance with such laws and regulations, including all International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements.
- Establishes and implements a parts obsolescence program. This program shall include a quarterly report to categorize and quantify identification of obsolete parts, problem resolution, and a recommended approach for mitigating risks associated with obsolete parts over the life of the system.
- Maintains an updated operational and maintenance logistics support plan and responsible for providing solutions, process improvements or the approaches to the shipping process.
- Maintains accurate and current chain of custody documentation to track turnover/possession between the U.S. Government and the Contractor.
- Responsible for development, maintenance and execution of retrograde plans for CONUS and OCONUS sites as well as all equipment disposition plans as directed by the Government customer.
- Develops all reports and contract deliverables as directed.
- Manage, coach and direct work load for 1-2 direct report/employees
- All other duties as directed by the Director of Logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight (8) years of related experience. Additional years’ experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Familiarity and expertise in the use of the Military Transportation System/MAC Air, the U.S. Mail System, and cost effective commercial shipments as the preferred mode of equipment and material shipment.
- Experience with these carriers is a must (Federal Express, United Parcel Service (UPS) or other premium carrier for Grounding condition items and items of special priority
- Must have an active Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS clearance.
- Prefer ten (10) years US military logistics experience (any branch, preferably US Army).
- Ability and experience to work with NSA accounts for shipment of CCI equipment.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications.
- Experience with commercial and military technical manuals
- Knowledge of FAA Part 145 requirements
- Experience with EBis
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Supply Chain
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.