Leidos is seeking Cyber Network Defense (CND) Tool Specialist to provide technical support as part of an integrated team of CND SMEs supporting the DoD’s JRSS (Joint Regional Security Stack) deployment activities. JRSS is a multi-year, global effort to improve the DoD’s security posture and provide enhanced security capabilities and analytics by centralizing and virtualizing network security into regional stacks rather than locally distributed appliances.
You will be responsible for supporting configuration, implementation, configuration and ongoing performance enhancement work for CND tools including: ArcSight, Tipping Point, Fidelis, SourceFire, Fidelis, and Niksun devices installed in the JRSS environment. You should have some experience with some of the tools and a general understanding of most.
- Install and configure CND tools
- Integrate the tool for enterprise data collection to include capacity monitoring.
- Configure the tools to work with Syslog, File and Database collection of events.
- Create and edit content to both monitor and alert on security incidents.
- Provide assistance to both internal and external Customer issues and supporting tickets.
- Monitor the tool’s health and performance.
- Tune system parameters to enhance/improve system performance.
- Provide Tier 2/3 troubleshooting for tool issues, either within the tool or as part of an integrated team of professionals addressing larger issues
- Assist other JRSS teams that perform life cycle O&M on the tools
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4+ years of experience; or 2+ years with a related Master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP communications.
- General knowledge of router and firewall functionality on a network.
- Familiarity with the MS Office tool suite.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to appropriately present highly technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
- U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance is required based on SSBI. In addition, must be able to successfully obtain up to Top Secret based on requirements from the customer and program.
- DoD 8570 IAT2 certification is required
- Significant experience with one or more of the CND tools in the JRSS cyber suite:
- Fidelis DLP and MDE
- Tipping Point
- ELK tools
- Prior experience as a Network Intrusion Analyst or Security Operations Center analyst.
- Experience configuring and maintaining tools in a multi-tenant environment
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.