The NISC III Training Group (NTG) within the Leidos Civil group is looking for a mid-career professional Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) of eLearning and instructor-led training products and services.
In this role you will support the organization in the review, evaluation, design/redesign, development, restructuring and/or repackaging of training solutions.
Specific duties for the position include:
- Providing consultation and recommendations to customers on innovative training solutions, as well as on effective and relevant curriculum development and delivery.
- Creating asynchronous and synchronous instruction designed for a distributed learning environment.
- Working with instructors, Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), instructional technologists, and multimedia developers to analyze, design, develop, and evaluate distributed learning solutions.
- Creating storyboards, scripts, scenario-based instruction, and other advanced learning strategies to meet the needs of the learners.
- Performing the actual detailed development of course materials or courseware, as well as product testing and maintenance.
Typical education / experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional years of related work experience may be substituted for a degree at the hiring managers discretion.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of customer-ready materials.
- Previous experience collecting, compiling, analyzing and synthesizing learner/customer feedback, test data, and program evaluations to determine workforce performance needs, curriculum design/development and learning solutions.
- Ability to demonstrate an application of cognitive science and human factors engineering that apply
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS Power Point.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience with developing engaging and effective instructor-led training.
- Experience with multi-media design architecture including Interactivity Levels 2 and 3.
- Previous experience supporting FAA or other Federal Government agencies.
- Ability to manage knowledge sharing environments.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The NISC III program within the Civil Group at Leidos offers an array of exciting career opportunities for professionals in the fields of engineering (fire protection, civil, power, electrical, structural, spectrum, environmental, construction) computer and database developers, project management professionals, instructional/training developers, air traffic controllers, aeronautical information specialists, terminal instruments procedures (TERPS), financial analysts, intelligence analysts, logistics analysts, and HR specialists as well as many other disciplines
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.