Airborne Sensors and Analytics Division (ASAD) within the Defense Group at Leidos currently has a dynamic opportunity for a Chief Engineer / Software Solution Architect to lead a team of software engineers spanning mission analysis, sensor analysis and trades, and sensor/platform integration and test to develop and integrate next generation, sensor systems and software. The software solutions architect will identify the critical modeling, simulation, and analyses to be performed for complex sensors trade studies. This Lead position will work closely with a variety of disciplines to identify algorithms, sensors, architectures, and subsystem requirements which meet mission needs, and lead the design and construction of models for simulation and verification. This is a high-visibility, fast-paced environment with opportunities to work a variety of mission spaces and applications.
This position will design, develop, oversee and manage the day-to-day execution aspects of current and future projects while serving as a liaison between program management and government customers.
This role will be expected to perform the following duties but not limited to:
• Lead a team of 20 software engineers and manage technical subcontractors working towards development of new technology and USAF capability transition
• Develop solutions to highly complex requirements, selling new ideas and concepts in support of operational goals and objectives.
• Integrate and translate complex concepts into tactical action plans.
• Work with customers to strategize and plan the development and integration of an architectural framework for sensor-based systems and Systems of Systems.
• Provides leadership, direction and guidance for developing solution to engineering problems.
• Advises or directs the planning for the implementation of engineering solutions including strategic objectives and timetables.
• Develop and maintain production and maintenance of system hardware and software documentation, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, as well as all other areas of system life-cycle planning.
• Enable business growth by successful technical execution, innovation and customer engagement.
• Support proposal capture and development activities
• Provides leadership in representing the technical capabilities of the organization to national and international audiences.
• Functions as an influential presence in attracting and retaining engineering business as well as key professional staff.
• Effectively counsels, mentors and transfers specialized technical engineering knowledge of the highest level and complexity to management, professional and support staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and a minimum of 12 years of progressive engineering experience
• Eight (8) years of experience with leading multi-discipline teams to produce advanced sensors–based situational awareness systems
• An active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret / SCI clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship
• Knowledge of Digital Engineering processes
• Experience in a variety of sensor phenomenologies (EO/IR, EW, Radar, MTI, fusion, MOSA, etc).
• Knowledge of ISR systems and operations, ranging from unmanned aerial systems to innumerable sensors, platforms, and processing systems operating in military environments
• Experience with leading technical concept development, R&D environment, technical presentations, developing technical whitepapers, and proposals
• Experience with high profile briefings to internal executives and customers
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels of staff and management
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Flexibility and personality skills to work within a dynamic, high-visibility, multi-contractor environment
• Preferred candidate would have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Computer Science
o Twenty (20) + years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree,
o Eighteen (18) + years of experience with a Master’s degree,
o Fifteen (15) + years with a PhD.
• Ten (10)+ years of experience with leading multi-discipline teams to produce advanced sensors–based situational awareness systems
• Active Top Secret / SCI clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.