- Work within various organizations ensuring network systems and components are successfully integrated.
- Primary responsibility for creation of engineering design packages for core network and data center recapitalization projects.
- Receipt of project tasking, creation of standard based engineering design packages; peer review of engineering design, validation of router/switch/firewall including complex scripts, network implementation, testing and troubleshooting, and updating leadership team.
- Coordination and oversight of site surveys, identification of power requirements, build-to instructions, installation and implementation of network engineering design packages.
- Communicate with customers, peer engineers and management during requirements analysis, trouble resolution or escalation.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware
- Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Perform a full range of upgrades to the existing network architecture. Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput) and recommends procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
- Detailed understanding and prior hands-on experience of EIGRP, OSP, BGP/MP-BGP, and MPLS routing protocols.
- Must have experience in all facets of network engineering and installations, which includes the physical placement of conduit, CAT5 and fiber optic cable, wall jacks, hardware, racks and communications equipment as required.
- Prerequisite knowledge of the latest Cisco and Juniper routing and switching platforms (for Service Provider Core/Edge, Datacenter, and Branch devices).
- Familiarity of Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs; Knowledgeable of Type 1 (Government) and Type 2 (Commercial) Encrypted Cryptographic devices; Hands-on experience with Firewall appliances (VPN Concentrator and Adaptive Security Appliance) is preferred
- Provide Tier 2 Incident Management and as Directed Dispatch support to the Network Operations Center (NOC), covering buildings in the WMA.
- Support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications systems or a segment of a network system.
- Perform necessary maintenance of network hardware and software to support network availability.
- Proactively identify risks in the network and develop a plan to mitigate them
- The experience can be a combination of degree and work history.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
- This position requires ability to satisfy a government administered high-risk screening.
CISCO CCNP, CCIE, JUNIPER JNCIA, BICSI, RCDD
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.