Leidos is seeking a Modeling, Simulation & Analysis Lead to perform functions as the Software Engineering Lead supporting AFRL in Dayton, Ohio.
- Develop and integrate MS&A capabilities as needed to support the full system lifecycle including operational analysis, research, development, integration, test and deployment.
- Support the planning and execution of experiment campaigns thru modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Perform design, development, evaluation, and analysis in such areas as: distributed simulation, object-oriented simulation, model validation and verification, and simulation and model development.
- Design, implement, and integrate MS&A tool sets to support trade space studies evaluating warfighter capabilities, differing solution designs, program recommendations, and overall capability performance.
- Assess the application of commercially or Government-owned and available analytical tool capabilities and utilize when appropriate.
- Explore the use of domain models as a primary means of information exchange within the team.
- BS degree with 8 plus years of work experience in the modeling, simulation and analysis field or Masters with 6 plus years experience.
- A working knowledge of MS&A concepts, techniques, and methodologies such as distributed simulation, object-oriented simulation, model validation and verification.
- Proven ability to develop and integrate modeling and simulation tools.
- Relevant experience developing software in various languages.
- Strong working knowledge of M&S tools and libraries available for various operating system, and be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and client project team members.
- Must possess ability to obtain Secret clearance.
- Masters degree in relevant technical domain.
- Current Secret or higher security clearance.
- Working experience with systems engineering development methods.
- Experience in Operations and Systems Analysis.
- Proven ability to lead small teams of staff with diverse technical disciplines.
External Referral Bonus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.