The Leidos Innovation Center is seeking a talented Mid-Level Communications Engineer to support Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in the development of leading-edge technology including simulations of autonomous systems and advanced weapons/sensor systems, System Integration hardware-in-the-loop (HITL) for experimentation and wargaming exercises in both the lab and flight demonstrations. This diverse environment will utilize a variety of RF communications methods, integrates state-of-the-art military hardware systems, and support multiple programs for the U.S. Air Force. This is an exciting new opportunity to be a part of leading-edge development for advanced military systems and to support the development of the next-generation RF communications test environment and simulation toolset for the U.S. Air Force.
• Provide vehicle teaming RF communications expertise for the test environment
• Collaboratively support the planning, design, development, integration, and analysis for RF communications and other simulations in the test environment and flight tests as needed
• Develop mathematical/physics-based algorithms for representing aerospace vehicles, weapon systems, sensor tracking and fusion, electronic warfare(EW) techniques, cyber effects, and communication systems
• Perform model validation and verification in the simulation environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline and 4+ years of related experience
• Must be familiar with sound electrical and RF engineering principles and methodologies across the systems development life-cycle
• Knowledge and experience in RF and/or networking communications
• Familiarity with embedded programmable systems, FPGAs, and System on Chip technologies
• Relevant experience developing software (i.e., C++, C#, or Java)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills within both a team and customer environments
• Apply best practices and continuous improvements
• Eligible to obtain a Secret security clearance, requiring a U.S. Citizenship
• Domain specific knowledge in RF communications engineering relating to aerospace, defense, and collaborative teaming vehicles
• Knowledge and experience in Modeling, Simulation & Analysis (MS&A) concepts, environments (constructive and virtual), techniques, and methodologies (i.e., distributed simulation, object-oriented simulation, model validation and verification
• Knowledge and experience in developing embedded software systems and simulations
• Knowledge of emulation/simulation of RF propagation effects and environment (i.e., Matlab simulations)
• Knowledgeable of the Internet Protocol (IP) suite of protocols, Ethernet, IP addressing, and OSI model
• Knowledge and experience programming software defined radios
• Familiarity with benefits and shortcomings of different wireless communications mechanisms and features (i.e., Medium Access Control, routing mechanisms, and physical layer aspects – antennas & waveforms )
• Ability to configure, install, and use COTS radios with standard protocols
• Active Secret or higher security clearance
External Referral Bonus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.