Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
Shift work (nights, weekends, and holidays) is required.
Leidos is looking for a qualified candidate to join our team in our Houston, TX The Flight Controller will work at NASA's Johnson Space Center, supporting the Flight Operations Directorate, Vehicle Integration and Daily Operations Branch.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing software solutions from beginning to end
- Performing research and analysis to determine software project cycle, including estimating tasks, scheduling of assigned projects, and ensuring schedules are met or revised as necessary
- Providing software and application development in support of onboard crew operations
- Using current software knowledge to design and develop code that meets NASA Flight Operations Directorate (FOD) standards
- Maintaining code and troubleshooting software related problems
- Providing front end graphical user interface design
- Providing software testing and quality assurance
- Supporting, maintaining and documenting software functionality
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Developing and testing custom software for the benefit of crewmembers onboard ISS
- Providing operational support for Daily Operations and Crew Support (DOCS)-Developed and crew-requested applications
- Integrating inputs from multiple teams and balancing requests against the priorities of the Flight Operations Directorate (FOD)
- Developing required software documentation and internal DOCS group documentation
- Supporting technical meetings
- Performing other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, Physics, Math, or related technical field. Advanced degrees may be considered as experience. An additional 4 years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience developing mobile applications
Candidate must be able to apply technical knowledge and operational concepts to make effective decisions in a software development environment. Candidate should be a self-starter capable of excelling in a dynamic environment that requires him/her to work effectively both alone or as part of a team.
Candidate should be a self-starter who excels in a dynamic environment that requires him/her to work effectively both alone or as part of a team. Candidate must be able to apply technical knowledge and operations concepts to exercise effective decision making and initiative in a real-time and fast-paced operational environment.
Past experience integrating across multiple areas, leading teams, negotiating win-win solutions, working well in the team environment, and customer service is required. Attention to detail and strict adherence to deadlines is required along with the ability to successfully work/negotiate on a daily basis with multiple customers. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must also be able to effectively communicate and understand complex technical and operational issues.
On occasion, the position may require work on nights, weekends, and holidays.
This position requires successful completion of a government background check; due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required.
- Developing in large-scale IDEs like Visual Studio, and using version control software like Git is highly desired, as is experience performing software maintenance and working on shared code with other developers.
- Prior knowledge and involvement with coding mobile applications in Xamarin, working in an Agile development environment, soliciting requirements from end users, creating batch files, and performing software testing is beneficial.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.