The NISC III program at Leidos is seeking a Civil Engineer to work in the Federal Aviation Administration Service Center in Des Moines, WA
This Civil Engineer will create and review designs and drawings as required for the alteration, modernization or expansion of FAA facilities to support National Air Space (NAS) modernization projects.
Specific duties for this position include:
- Provide engineering inspection/site survey reports for FAA communications towers/ antennas and support buildings to include anchors, foundations and roofing.
- Develop engineering plans for design or relocation of concrete duct banks, and fiber or copper cable pulls.
- Develop Statement of Work (SOW), schedule, drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
- Project management including NAS risk mitigation plans, project schedules, resource requirements, and project closeout documentation.
- Site surveys will require climbing communications/antenna towers for inspection.- Candidates with less experience will be considered.
Note: Relocation benefits may be available if not local in the area.
Typical education / experience:
- Normally requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidates with lower / higher experience are able to be considered at the hiring managers discretion.
- Engineering experience with structural design, construction techniques, concrete foundations, duct banks, and project scheduling.
- Proven fundamental engineering knowledge in steel, concrete and soils design.
- Proficiency with Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or similar
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust Security Clearance.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS Power Point
- Antenna / free-standing tower construction experience.
- Familiarity/knowledge/experience with the FAA and/or National Airspace System (NAS).
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The NISC III program within the Civil Group at Leidos offers an array of exciting career opportunities for professionals in the fields of engineering (fire protection, civil, power, electrical, structural, spectrum, environmental, construction) computer and database developers, project management professionals, instructional/training developers, air traffic controllers, aeronautical information specialists, terminal instruments procedures (TERPS), financial analysts, intelligence analysts, logistics analysts, and HR specialists as well as many other disciplines
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.