The Advanced Solutions Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Program Analyst in Abingdon, MD to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command. The Program Analyst will be expected to integrate and collaborate with all technical teams to deliver a fully-functional system.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Manage and coordinate program resourcing; working with technical leads to define resource needs, and communicate requirements to Leidos’ Talent Acquisition and Subcontracting partners
- Provide oversight of the staffing and onboarding process; inclusive of candidate tracking, labor category verification, and offer tracking
- Report staffing metrics; providing weekly updates for inclusion into management and customer reports
- Oversee program procurements, ensuring that products are procured via Leidos policies, and verifying delivery
- Oversee Earned Value Management (EVM) team; managing time-charging, travel and other direct cost requests, and associated budget
- Oversee the development of the Integrated Program Management Report, assisting with variance analysis, and content development
- Serve as a liaison between AFATDS and subcontractors, managing requests and efficiently responding to questions
- Collaborate with the program Subcontracts Administrator to manage program contractual obligations
- Participate in service center planning; specifically associated with facilities and equipment expenses
- Review cost reports and invoices, identifying anomalies, and executing corrective actions to ensure accuracy
- Provide direct oversight of a team inclusive of a Program Finance Analyst, Earned Value Management Lead, and the Master Scheduler to support program scope, schedule and cost requirements
- Oversee creation and use of charge codes, and the reporting of actuals
- Oversee distribution of Leidos equipment allocated to personnel and subcontractors and assist with potential issues, when requested
- Participate in customer meetings, effectively communicating program status and requesting clarification, when needed
- BA degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience (P4)
- Prior experience with resource planning, labor category requirements, requisition development, and candidate tracking
- Experience with procurement and Bill of Materials management, with an understanding of planning and execution
- Exhibit leadership qualities required to coordinate and lead meetings to drive progress associated with program management assignments
- Prior personnel management experience with the ability to drive successful completion of projects and deliverables
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management with a general understanding of methodologies and execution
- Experience with Program/Project Management principles and concepts (WBS, PWS, IMS, RACI, Risk Management)
- Ability to effectively utilize MS Office Products to develop and maintain program documentation and CDRL’s
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to identify and improve documentation to support the PMO and Technical Teams
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to support Engineering Change Proposals, coordinating with corporate and program personnel to deliver a corporate-approved proposal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to succulently communicate
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Familiarity with Leidos’ subcontractor management system (SLICS) and the ability to assist subcontractors when questions arise
- Familiar with Leidos’ Basis of Estimate processes and artifacts
- Currently maintains an active PMP certification
- Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
- Knowledge of Software Development concepts and principles
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.