Successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to apply operational experience and technical knowledge of the Joint Close Air Support (JCAS) mission area while operating as part of a team evaluating Joint Terminal Attack Controller (JTAC) training programs and JTAC training simulation systems for compliance with established standards.
- As a JTAC Standardization Team Member, support 4 – 6 team trips per year. Duration 1 – 2 weeks at various CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Assist in pre-trip planning and coordination as directed
- During execution, evaluate applicable training curricula, documentation, and procedures as directed
- Draft post evaluation reports that include recommendations regarding initial accreditation or continuing certification as appropriate, based the program’s compliance with Joint Mission Task List and the JTAC Memorandum of Agreement
- Support JTAC Training Simulation System Evaluations to determine if a particular device provides a capability to train JTACs in procedural certification and qualification tasks
- Assist in pre-trip planning, coordination, execution, and post-trip reporting as directed
- Provide necessary knowledge and expertise to support development of JTAC- and JCAS-related issues in the biennial JFS ESC Action Plan
- Support planning, coordination, execution, and production of associated briefings and papers for approximately 10 JFS ESC Meetings per year
- Assist as needed in the execution of the annual JF-JCAS Symposium and JCAS Curriculum Review
- Bachelor's Degree is required. Experience can substitute for a degree.
- 10 years military experience in Joint Fires areas
- Staff experience at a Combatant Command, Major Command, or Joint Staff
- Current or previously qualified JTAC or FAC(A) (schoolhouse or unit instructor)
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Office computer skills
- Current or previously qualified JTAC, FAC(A) or JFO
- Leadership experience in ground maneuver forces
- Combat experience in CENTCOM AOR
- Expert in JCAS doctrine, tactics, techniques and procedures (e.g., JP 3-09.3, multi-service TTP -- JFIRE, BREVITY, SCAR, KILLBOX)
- Staff planning experience including interoperability, joint and combined warfare
- Experience with execution and monitoring of military operations