Leidos is looking for a qualified candidate to join our team in our Houston, TX office at Johnson Space Center, Flight Operations Directorate, Vehicle Integration and Daily Operations Branch. The ISS Flight Controller will support an integration/liaison function between Mission Control Center – Houston (MCC-H) and Visiting Vehicle control centers known as the Integration and Systems Engineer (ISE). ISE is responsible for integrating visiting vehicle and International Space Station (ISS) command and data flow. ISE represents the needs of the visiting vehicle control team with respect to ISS telemetry formats and select real-time planning functions.
HOURS: This position requires shift work (nights, weekends, and holidays).
SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires access to sensitive and proprietary information; only U.S. Citizens are eligible for consideration. Successful completion of a government background check is required before commencement of employment.
PHYSICAL: Passing and maintaining a Flight Controller Physical is required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Successful completion of the ISE training and skill certification process (~ 18-24 months).
- maintain awareness of multiple technical situations and appropriately prioritize activities
- understand nominal and off-nominal operations for a technical system and its interaction(s) with other systems
- manage multiple issues at one time while still coming up with an integrated solution
- interface with Visiting Vehicle / MCC-H flight controllers on the understanding of each partner’s elements and how they relate to each other
- plan, prioritize, and coordinate tasks and resolve issues within a team environment across multiple organizations
- perform other duties as assigned
- Successfully completing the ISE training and skill certification process (~ 18-24 months)
- Passing a Flight Controller Physical.
Typical Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science Degree, in Engineering (ABET), Mathematics, Physics, or in a similar field of study, and 4 years' related experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal, leadership, teamwork, technical, and administrative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, and coordinate a wide range of tasks.
- Self-starter who excels in a dynamic environment that requires him/her to work effectively both alone or as part of a team.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and operations concepts to exercise effective decision making and initiative in a real-time and fast-paced operational environment.
- Experience working the Commercial Crew Program, Orion Program, Commercial Space Transportation (CST-100) and/or the International Space Station Program.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aerospace Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.