Leidos is seeking a Software Product Manager who will be responsible for managing a Product Team, approximately 16-19 engineers, on the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) program. TFDM is a management system that will improve aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS). TFDM will provide efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
Software Development Manager responsibilities:
• Full Software Development life cycle activities for product area(s) including design, code, unit and string testing of features/fixes, development of SW CDRLs, integration and test support for their product area, as well as site issue support.
• Perform independent analysis and technical leadership of Saab Sensis’ product team to ensure that they are meeting the performance expectations of the program
• Deliver software fixes for issues needed by System Integration & Test team or maintain adherence to the program software development processes including completing 100% unit test coverage or string testing.
• Staffing and hiring activities to meet workload needs for the Product team, includes interviewing and evaluation candidate new hires.
• Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities and/or Cost Status, Schedule Status, Estimate to Complete (ETC) Status inputs for applicable control accounts.
• Cost estimating, workload and manpower planning, including authoring Basis of Estimates (BOEs), in support of Product team's current and future business needs on the program (e.g. proposals and task order preparation).
• Interface with the FAA customer to address/answer questions relating to product area(s) as needed.
• Cost, schedule, and resource management, as well as oversight for technical aspects of the SW product team(s).
• Plan engineering tasks, deadlines, milestones, and task sequencing and apply tracking metrics. Implement Earned Value methodology as required by TFDM.
• Ensure delivery of quality work products, including specifications, design, code, and unit/string test plans and procedures, in accordance with program requirements and processes
• Identify requirements for subcontractor support to TFDM SW, where applicable.
• Develop and conduct interim and yearly performance reviews for the department personnel; award programs and other employee personnel activities.
• Requires a BA/BS and with a minimum of 12+ years of prior relevant experience a Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience will also be considered
• Experience on a large-scale software development program in a software engineering leadership capacity.
• Demonstrated understanding of full software development life cycle as well as proven experience with supporting highly critical customer missions.
• Understanding of SW development lifecycle and processes
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to demonstrate a commitment to personal and corporate excellence, ethical behavior and integrity.
• Cost accounting / earned value management / ownership
• Planning and cost estimating experience
• Experience with execution under Waterfall and/or Agile development methodology
• Background and development experience on an FAA program, particularly TFDM/ERAM/TBFM/ATOP/AFSS.
• Familiarity with the National Air Space and FAA NextGen Air Traffic control programs
• Prior experience in TFDM program process, TFDM system architecture, and business rhythm.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.