Leidos has a job opening for a Modeling and Simulation Software Engineer at the Washington Navy Yard, DC.
Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Software Engineer at Washington Navy Yard, DC to support a development and modernization of flight simulation software on the Mission Validation System project.
Leidos maintains and develops the Mission Validation System (MVS) software system for the benefit of Strike Planning and Execution Systems Program (PMA-281) under the Program Executive Officer Unmanned Aviation and Strike Weapons (PEO(U&W)). The MVS project develops and maintains two separate high-fidelity Six Degrees-Of-Freedom (6-DOF) simulations of the Tomahawk missile, along with various supporting software tools. MVS is accredited by a board of community experts guaranteeing the integrity of simulation results. The simulations load actual mission data used for missile flight and runs the tactical flight software. Using the additional suite of software tools, simulations can be executed in Monte Carlo mode for statistical performance prediction.
- Perform requirements development and analysis and allocate using engineering source documents
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug software source code using modern as well as legacy software development languages and tools, such C++, FORTRAN, Ada
- Work independently as a contributing member of a small software development team
- Use Microsoft Team Foundation Server development operations, collaboration and source control tools
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing
- Identify potential roadblocks and impediments, and develop resolutions
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
- Develop maintainable code that matches specifications
- Participate in design reviews, release planning, estimating, demonstrations and retrospectives
- Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements
- Other duties as required
- BS degree in related technical field and 2 years of related experience.
- Proficiency using C++ and FORTRAN
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- US Citizenship is required
- Agile Software development experience
- User experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Ability to communicate key development approach to team members
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.