Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a SOC Operations Manager
Seeking Security Operations Center (SOC) team lead to manage a 24x7x365 team of security professionals to detect, monitor, respond, and remediate threats facing our customer’s geographically-dispersed constituents.
- Identify SOC capability enhancement ideas for increased detection and remediation
- Create and manage shift schedules
- Work collaboratively with Program Management and senior leads
- Report SOC related metrics as defined and required within contract
- Lead incident response teams, advise and coordinate with senior leadership during active incidents
- Define protocols and maturing ‘playbooks’ of operational response to cyber threats
- Maintain and manage teams to operate within playbooks as defined
- Operate autonomously to further investigate and escalate in accordance with protocols and contractual SLAs
- Participate and lead SOC working groups. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies.
- Provide teaching / mentoring to SOC Tier 1/2/3 Analysts, including incident response functions
- Operational experience in 24x7 environment.
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
- Must be US Citizen. Must have an active Top Secret Clearance (active Secret with Interim TS acceptable).
- Identify process improvement and technology opportunities for increased innovation, cost savings, and customer satisfaction.
- Management or supervisory experience to manage personnel effectively
- BS and 5 years experience with 2 years of management/project experience.
- SOC Analyst Experience
- Experience managing or operational responsible for FISMA high system.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.