Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems.
Our Leidos Innovation Center is seeking you, our latest API Software Engineer to architect and integrate an API Gateway solution supporting our national security customers in Reston, VA. Our Leidos team delivers an innovative DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) providing big data analytics at an enterprise level with access to the integrated system and individual services. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for application integration across the enterprise to enable access to and analytic service processing of large scale heterogeneous data, exposure of analytic services through standard interfaces, and integration with external partners. In this role you will work with an amazing team of data scientists, systems and data engineers, and clients that will define the requirements that drive the D3P platform delivery strategy. The individual in this position needs to be knowledgeable in distributed application architectures, to include APIs, web services, microservices, and asynchronous event protocols.
Fun stuff you will do on the job:
- Architect, build, and manage API’s supporting on premise and cloud platform environments such as AWS.
- Contribute to the conceptual and physical design of application integration using APIs and events
- Develop and test a prototype API gateway that makes it easy for developers to create, publish, maintain, monitor, and secure APIs at any scale
- Develop, integrate and test run time execution of APIs
- Assist in integration, QA, and performance testing for API gateway solution
- Assist in production setup, monitoring and roll out to partners
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications with at least 6 years of experience in software development
- Must possess a TS security clearance and be able to obtain a DoD TS/SCI clearance
- At least 1 year of experience in developing REST services using Java or Python or Node.js
- Experience delivering APIs for external partners
- Experience and understanding of Kubernetes, specifically ingress controllers
- Able to implement processes and troubleshoot to continue to improve operational stability
- Experience with GitHub or GitLab
- Experience with networking/protocols/routing
- Understanding of DevOps processes
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and problem-solving skills
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience as part of Agile SW team
- Experience with API Gateway solutions, including Kong. Nginx experience acceptable in lieu of API Gateway experience.
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence, and Jenkins
- Experience with Elasticsearch and logging framework
- Experience with Apache JMeter or Blazemeter
- Experience working in AWS Commercial and/or AWS GovCloud for at least 2 years
- Experience tuning high-volume applications
- Knowledgeable in security protocols such as SAML and OAuth
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.