Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Network Security Engineer to support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) – Information Technology (IT) program. The Army Corps of Engineers – Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 40,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
ACE-IT provides direct on-site command and control, coordination, planning, and operations and maintenance support for routine and emergency IT services.
Network Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- Up and coming in the field that can do security configuration of CheckPoint firewalls, Cisco ASA firewalls, Palo Alto Firewall/IDPS, Sourcefire, Bluecat IPAM, FPCAP and similar network and cyber security technologies
- Will be responsible for identifying, developing, implementing, and continuous monitoring of information technology hardware and software secure configurations within an enterprise architecture construct
- Directly interact and support ACE-IT SOC, CIRT and Engineering proponents to validate that DoD, Army, and DISA mandated IA and cybersecurity guidelines are integrated into the ACE-IT architecture on the principles of Defense in Depth as well as continuous sustainment of real-time risk management and vulnerability assessment
- Tasking would include but not be limited to secure baseline identification and validation, vulnerability and threat assessment, and security model architecture and design validation, enforcement of cyber policy and standards, and internal auditing for cyber security compliance
- Configure, deploy and manage network and cyber security platforms
- Integrate within SOC and Engineering teams to consult on Cyber/IA projects, tasks, and IA requests directed to these teams
- Support, as needed, SA, VMSA, and NA Vulnerability Remediation Efforts by assisting in the gathering of remediation guidance from internal reporting, Vendors, US Cybercom, CERT, etc.
- Review, monitor, and assist in the enforcement of DISA STIG compliance of all ACE-IT network devices
- Support CIRT assigned SOC incidents as needed
- Help identify and improve SOC/CIRT processes and procedures
- Ensure IT infrastructure devices logs are captured within ArcSight and assist in monitoring log files
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university/college in Computer Science, Information Technology, Science, Mathematics or related field and 5 to 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 to 6 years of prior relevant experience. Further 4 years of direct relevant experience can be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
Clearance: Must possess current/active Top Secret Clearance and be eligible for TS/SCI
- Network security, Information Assurance/Information System Security Engineering
- Defense in Depth principles and technology including access/control, authorization, Identification and authentication, public key infrastructure, network, and enterprise security architecture
- DISA STIG and SRR compliance test and verification
- DoD and Army Information Security regulations, publications, and policy
- A certification to fulfil DOD 8570 IAT III requirement like CISSP, CASP, etc.
- A certification to fulfill Computing Environment requirement like, CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, Palo Alto, etc.
- Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches
- Firewalls: Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Palo Alto
- IDPS: FireEye, Sourcefire, Snort
- Bluecat IPAM, Solera FPCAP
Server & Operating Systems / Software
- Windows and Linux system administration, Windows/Powershell Scripting, Cisco IOS, Nessus
- Experience with DoD, Army and/or USACE customers
- Experience with classified and unclassified networks
- Customer Service Focused - deliver sustained high levels of customer satisfaction
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Security
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.