careC2™, a Leidos Health Business makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient through information technology, engineering and science. careC2 is delivering on this mission with a next generation care coordination software solution that enables the healthcare enterprise to effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of care. careC2 provides a consolidated environment for managing episodes of care with a real-time, common view for all care providers – including patients, families, clinicians and other care givers or coordinators. To reduce variation and potential issues as the patient follows through each phase of their medical care treatment, measuring how well the care providers are performing against and expected outcomes. We are re-imagining how we provide visibility, oversight and management of patients across the entire care continuum that is based on consolidated views of the patient’s priorities and holistic, actionable insights aimed at improving productivity and enhancing the patient experience.
We seek experienced healthcare professionals who are well versed in 'big company' solution delivery and customer implementations, but nimble and agile enough to excel in the ambiguity of a start-up environment. Above all, we need doers who can self-direct and are poised to support our transformation of traditional healthcare models while maintaining high quality.
In particular, careC2™ is seeking a UX Software Design Engineer that is based in Charlotte, NC.
Our careC2™ solutions are inclusive of an application platform as a service (aPaas) and a suite of proprietary products. A successful candidate will have proven experience in developing creative solutions to support careC2’s mobile and desktop web applications. These solutions could include development of style guides, implementation of interaction or web standards, and possibly front-end development work in CSS or CSS pre-processor languages.
- Support creative solutions for a wide variety of user experience challenges including, but not limited to mobile and desktop web applications.
- Design and development of useful, usable, and desirable user interfaces, products and services. This includes working closely with product owners to realize the design.
- Participate in user research activities enabling the team to build a deep and rich understanding of how our vendors and customers use our platform.
- Review, assess, make recommendations on, and influence: Requirements design, Use Case development, usability and workflow modeling for applications
- Participate in cross-functional working groups to review results, refine concepts, propose solutions, recommend best practices and oversee analyses with other team members, including usability testing and end-user feedback collection for implemented systems.
- Contribute to the reusable UI design, framework integration, and component library.
- Propose style guide, interaction, and pattern direction and/or assist to define the visual language.
- Support and help maintain user-interface specifications.
- Present design work to the engineering team, product team, and executives for review and feedback.
- Contribute to UI/UX design and implementation to influence the current and future careC2 applications.
- Must have a Bachelors degree with 8 years' experience (Bachelor's degree in graphic design, visual communication, art, human-computer interaction (HCI), user experience, web design, or related field.); experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Strong HTML and CSS skills
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user centered design solutions.
- Experience designing for a variety of form factors including mobile and desktop.
- Familiarity in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Visual design abilities demonstrated through mockups, websites, web apps, or related UIs.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Desire to work in a start-up style environment, where iteration is encouraged.
- Understanding of a highly agile software environment.
- Ability to create illustrations and visual images to communicate complex systems.
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus.
- Background in healthcare or e-commerce is preferable.
Ability to travel as required to client sites and other company-sponsored events (approximately 15%)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.