Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos has a current opening for a South Pole Operations Manager. The South Pole Operations Manager is a critical position in the maintenance & operations of the South Pole research station in Antarctica. The South Pole campus consists of a multitude of buildings and a population high of 150 personnel during the summer and 45 personnel during the winter. The Operations departments collectively provide critical services that affect every area of the station and all personnel.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and oversee South Pole Operations departments: vehicle maintenance; equipment operations; fuels; meteorology; ARFF; station services; waste.
- Collaborate with teammate leadership from PAE (station operations), Six Mile (waste management) and Gana-A’Yoo Service Corporation (GSC) (station services), in hiring, personnel management and safe execution of the USAP mission.
- Provide budget (Control Account Manager) oversight, when required, for selected Operations departments.
- Assist with development of Annual Program Plan budget information for selected Operations departments.
- Provide input on Operations impacts from Project or Sustaining changes and plans.
- Facilitate Operations support capabilities and solutions for National Science Foundation grantees, ASC departments and other partner groups, including Support Forces Antarctica, Naval Information Warfare Center, NASA and NOAA.
- Status ASC and NSF management on support capability.
- Communicate with station community and partner agencies on behalf of South Pole Operations.
- Liaise with project managers and project teams in support of minor and major project activities.
- Provide South Pole Emergency Management oversight in coordination with ASC Station Management and ASC Emergency Manager.
- Provide off-ice support for Winter Site Manager and Winter Operations teams.
- Lead South Pole Operations in development of new or improved operations capabilities and modes of support.
- Lead development and review of Operations department documentation, such as SOPs and JHAs.
- Regularly develop and execute continuous improvement initiatives across all Operations departments.
- Regularly communicate Operations concerns, status and priorities to Deputy Operations Manager and ASC South Pole Area Management.
- Work in close collaboration with ASC Area Management.
- Participate in Performance Management Team (PMT), and other key station support meetings.
- Provide conflict resolution and mentoring to Operations personnel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years prior relevant experience, additional years of experience or industry relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum 6 years of supervisory/management and administration experience
- Demonstrated aptitude with verbal and written communications to clients and customer groups
- Demonstrated experience with project planning and execution
- High level of comfort using Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional Certification
- Six Sigma Training or equivalent
- Heavy Equipment Diagnosis and Repair Experience
- Emergency Management Experience
PHYSICAL AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment may be required in this position at discretion of management. If required, the individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations, and psychological examination for winter-over positions, as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedure. US citizenship or permanent residency required.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.