The C4ISR Operation of Leidos is searching for a Sr. Capture Manager in the Intelligence and Defense markets. Selectee is responsible for winning new major business opportunities. This role requires a highly resourceful and customer relations-oriented individual. Candidate must be capable of developing and maintaining customer and industry relationships in pursuit of new business. The position will report to the Division Business Development Director.
- Develop, maintain and execute capture strategies and detailed capture plans (including call plans).
- Follow Group processes for business development. This may include assembling a capture team, managing a capture team, contacting and existing clients and partners, communicating the organizations core capabilities, and establishing internal and external teaming and managing bid and proposal funding.
- Must be capable of developing (with SME support) solutions for assigned opportunities.
- Manage relationships with partners and staff.
- Participate in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews. Overseeing the proposal phase is also included.
- Manage all the activities necessary to transform qualified opportunities into wins.
- Have a working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types and procurement processes.
- Must be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years related experience or a Master’s degree with 10+ years of related experience.
- Experience marketing capabilities to Intelligence Community (IC) and/or DoD customers.
- Must be organized, aggressive, highly skilled professional, knowledgeable in government contracting with excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations.
- Familiarity with Federal GWACs and GSA schedules.
- Experience in supporting large business development programs focused on opportunity identification and development and long term strategy development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to gain support and establish working relationships with managers, peers and staff.
- Proven record of success managing capture efforts within the DoD.
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Understanding and experience with DoD and/or Intelligence customers, understanding and experience with intelligence services work.
- Active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Capture Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.