Leidos is seeking a Data Scientist to support careC2 customers in Charlotte NC. This role requires analytical skills in data mining, machine learning and advanced statistics such as: regression, clustering, and decision trees. Data Scientists collaborate across the organization in designing experiments, prototyping and developing models. You will utilize your familiarity with Agile development methodologies in this role. The Leidos team will work in a multiple-Agile team-based approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
- Work closely with software developers and customers to design and develop analytic services.
- Capability to perform exploratory analysis, quantitative methods, user interface application design.
- Experience with customer outreach and engagement.
- Participate in the development of machine learning, data mining, and statistical or graph-based algorithms designed to fuse and analyze massive data sets.
- Leverage knowledge of requirements analysis, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, and testing to formulate customer solutions.
- Mine and analyze raw data.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Possess a solid machine-learning foundation
- Prepare presentations and technical reports to illustrate and explain analyses, tools, applications and findings.
- Bachelors degree plus 2+ years experience or Masters degree with less than 2 years' experience
- Experience in one or more scripting languages such as R or Python
- Ability to perform statistical analysis
- Ability to work with a hybrid team of analyst, engineers, and developers to conduct research, and build and deploy complex, but easy-to-use analytical platforms
- Understanding of streaming analytics using tools such as Flink and Spark.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Version control using Git.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.