Leidos is seeking an Energy Engineer to join our Hawai‘i Energy program team’s efforts in empowering our community to achieve the state’s clean energy goals.
The Energy Engineer candidate has technical competencies, excellent communication skills and a passion, curiosity and drive to learn and provide technical assistance to minimize energy consumption by mechanical, lighting and other systems.
Under the leadership and guidance of the Program Engineering Manager and/or other staff, the Energy Engineer will:
• Perform pre- and post- inspection site visits. Review plans and project documents to perform quality control of surveys and installations
• Perform site visits to conduct building energy audits to identify major energy consumption areas and optimize building operation, lighting, controls and HVAC equipment operation
• Analyze billing and utility data using linear and multilinear regression models (post project reviews, rates, weatherization, and anomalies)
• Review energy efficiency calculations and energy models
• Prepare reports and presentations for sites where energy audits or site visits were performed
• Review technical specifications for lighting and mechanical products to determine if the product qualifies to be included in Hawai‘i Energy’s efficiency programs
• Write technical summaries and briefs for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Provide educational information to building owners and the design and construction communities
• Develop energy savings calculations for the program’s Technical Resource Manual
• Develop and review measurement and verification (M&V) plans, perform M&V activities and analyze data to determine savings and costs of projects
Energy Engineer Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Less than two (2) years professional experience in engineering, technical project management or related areas.
• Strong technical, quantitative and analytic capabilities including technical report writing and advanced spreadsheet analysis
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as within cross functional teams
• Physical ability to perform energy audits and field verification of pre and post installation of energy efficiency measures
• Valid Driver’s license required
Energy Engineer Desired Skills:
• Experience with ENERGY STAR® Treasure Hunts and/or ASHRAE Level II Energy Audits
• Experience in the fields of energy efficiency and/or the built environment
• Project financing and cost analysis
• Experience with Building Commissioning
• Construction management, and/or building maintenance experience
About Hawai‘i Energy
For 10 years, Hawai‘i Energy has empowered island families and businesses to make smart energy choices by educating them about the many, lasting benefits of clean energy. We encourage and reward practical everyday energy-saving decisions that save money, grow our economy and reduce the demand for electricity. Our team members are committed to our mission and supporting Hawai‘i’s goal to achieve 100% clean energy by 2045. The Hawai‘i Energy program is administered by Leidos, Inc. under a contract with the Hawai‘i Public Utilities Commission. For more information, visit www.hawaiienergy.com
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.