The candidate will support the F-16 Avionics Intermediate Shop (AIS) Product Support Contract. The individual in this role will help drive the program’s strategic growth objectives by developing and refining an understanding of customers’ most important needs and creating/leading winning capture strategies. This critical role will include responsibility for all aspects of business development (BD) to include contract growth by identifying opportunities within the AIS community, and other growth opportunities for depot sustainment and infrastructure support, strategic capture, proposal operations, and growth strategy development. To these ends, the selected individual will have opportunities to lead efforts for identification, qualification and capture of specific opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth to support the program’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will recommend and implement BD and marketing strategies to achieve customer priorities and drive tactical and strategic growth.
• Grow the opportunity pipeline through diligent and timely identification/qualification of new business opportunities by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter and intra-company collaboration
• Support development of growth plans to ensure alignment with strategic goals of the customer and the program
• Lead and participate in the identification, qualification and pursuit of new business opportunities
• Develop internal cross-organizational relationships and drive new growth through collaboration with the other operations within Leidos
• Obtain market intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies that maximize the value of that intelligence
• Participate as a thought leader in bid decisions, gate reviews and the development of cost strategies
• Conduct customer visits and perform research to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements
• Conduct new supplier outreach events/visits to identify, refine, and mature potential opportunities for on contract and new business growth
• Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships
• A BA degree and a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience working in aerospace & defense, government services and/or other professional services executing all aspects of business development, program capture, planning, and execution. Four yeards of equivalent experience can be substituted for the degree.
• Demonstrated success in leading and growing DoD services business
• Can provide at least one example of leading opportunity captures >$50 million including: developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning price
• Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with mid to senior level officials and program stakeholders with DoD Customers
• Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries
• Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy
• Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors
• Experience in budget management of New Business Funds
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers
• Proven experience working with geographically diverse teams; strong coaching and mentoring skills. Ability to achieve results through others. Possess the skills and ability to empower and engage people and instill drive and passion into the organization
• Secret level clearance required, TS preferred
• Knowledge of USAF Support/Test Equipment is highly desired; specific experience with F-16 Intermediate-level avionics testing/testers is preferred
• Experience, familiarity, and understanding of USAF F-16 Depot Maintenance avionics test stations, support equipment, infrastructure, and sustainment highly desirable
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.