Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking Mechanical Designers in Huntsville, AL.
Handle all aspects of capturing mechanical designs for 2D drawings and 3D models for Hypersonic Glide Bodies (HGB) and/or Long Range Hypersonic Weapon (LRHW).
Specific duties may encompass parts dimensioning and tolerances, materials specification, and finish specification of components.
Areas of work will include documenting mechanical designs of the mechanical structure and components as well as assembly, test equipment, and transport fixtures.
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with drafting of mechanical aspects of missiles and test equipment
- Knowledge of missile mechanical structural systems including cast, forged and machined parts
- Experience with compatible materials, fasteners, coatings, processes and assembly methods
- Knowledge of ASME drawing standards
- Experience with Creo Elements/Pro (formerly Pro/ENGINEER)
- Organizational skills to document designs, assist with Technical Data Packages (TDP) and support production and test of HGB equipment
- Current active DoD Secret clearance
- Design or drafting experience related to missile structural components
External Referral Bonus:-
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.