Specific Job Requirements: The Systems Analysis and Concepts Directorate (SACD) conducts studies for the Agency decision makers and programs to provide aerospace systems analysis products such as mission architectures, advanced system concepts, system and technology trades, life cycle cost and risk analysis, system integration and pre-decisional sensitive information to enable informed technical, programmatic and budgetary decisions.
To support these activities, SACD maintains computational resources that can be quickly deployed and customized to the needs of any particular project. It is essential that SACD has support to enable continued operation and/or prompt customization of these systems in support of its mission.
Requires the candidate to support a heterogeneous environment:
• OS - Windows (7, 8, 10, File, Terminal, Web and Database Server Systems)
• OS - UNIX/Linux/Mac (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, VMware, OS X)
• 2 Clusters, Render Farm, physical and virtual (HyperV) servers
• AWS GovCloud
• Backend network interconnectivity on clusters, farm and some servers
• 120+ systems
Understanding of and experience with the installation, configuration and debugging of hardware to include servers, storage (direct attached and networked), tape systems, switches (on the backend) and any add-in or peripheral devices (add-in cards, drives, printers, etc).
• Admin level knowledge of configuration of RAID systems and familiarity with emerging high speed distributed storage (iSCSI, SAN technologies).
• Admin level familiarity with FlexLM, Maya, Muster, Modo, Matlab, ProE, Retrospect, SharePoint, Tecplot, Xwin32, AML, STK, SQL/MySQL, Model Center/Analysis Server, SAS, SAP, TSAM, NASTRAN/Patran, POST, VSP, Hypersizer.
• Detailed knowledge on virtualization using VSphere, HyperV and Virtual Box on Linux and Windows.
• Ability to install, configure and troubleshoot these packages.
• Maintain SACD GFE systems; hardware, software and network connectivity.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.