The Defense Group at Leidos has a contingent opening for a Journeyman Systems Engineer to work in Huntsville, Alabama. This role is in support of the Integrated Base Defense Contract Sustainment Support systems engineering operations.
- Daily duties include journeyman level system engineering duties in support of the IBD systems.
- Responsible for leading/development of systems engineering deliverables to include but not limited to IBD related drawing packages, engineering change proposals, software defect reports, technical data packages, failure summary and analysis reports, interface control documents, and test plans.
- Interacts with system users to translate their requirements into systems, hardware, and software requirements and design.
- Participates in the development of test strategies.
- Solves engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
- Reports directly to Program Systems Engineer Lead and interfaces with prime contract personnel.
- Active Secret security clearance required.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 or more years of relevant technical experience. 8 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Demonstrated education and experience in systems engineering a must.
- This is a Journeyman level position with commensurate experience required.
- Relevant and recent systems engineering IBD experience.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.