The Defense Group at Leidos has contingent openings for Journeyman Installers/Electronic Technicians to work in Kuwait. This role is in support of the Integrated Base Defense Contract Sustainment Support of the fielded and to be fielded equipment.
- Execute IBD equipment installations in both garrison and field environments.
- Performs installation, test, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair for communications equipment, electronics equipment, large computers, minicomputers, or microprocessors, including buses for those in a networked environment.
- Execute master work schedules and provide direct input into an automated logistics management system for work performed, work to be performed, and all equipment technical data as required.
- Research and gather relevant project data, contribute to the development of technical documentation and equipment readiness reports, respond to customer inquiries, and verify product technical quality.
- Responsible for tracking assigned equipment install activities and keeping the program management team appraised of progress and issues and training junior installer as needed.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Ensure compliance with all hazardous material regulations.
- Travel to military sites and conduct preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Complete all required training and maintain certifications.
- Active Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree and 5 or more years of relevant technical experience. 8 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
- Must have capability to distinguish between hardware and software problems in multi-vendor systems.
- Relevant and recent IBD systems training, installation, and electronics technician experience at the journeyman-level.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:24/7 12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.