Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Windows Systems Engineer that will be a member of the Windows Platform Services Team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC. This individual will provide Windows Systems Administrator Services and manage, operate and maintain Windows servers at the customer site.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Perform systems operation support, including server system administration, general troubleshooting, and troubleshooting of complex engineering issues for hardware, software, and network components
- Document all platform service processes and procedures and maintain the artifacts in a document repository
- Maintain and administer a multi-site, multi-farm Windows server on-premises and remote infrastructure and in Azure Cloud IaaS environment
- Senior Level Responsibilities related to maintaining production with reliable and stable operations that includes but not limited to senior level understanding of Windows Services and Servers, Advanced Troubleshooting, and advanced Windows Server communications and hosting within Azure Cloud Environments
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 12 years of overall related experience with a Windows server environment; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Senior Level Understanding of Windows Server design, configuration and administration
- PowerShell Scripting experience
- Senior Level VMWare Experience
- Completing registry backups and modifications
- Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies
- Use of Windows Task Scheduler
- Application of security settings/STIGs and other commercial security best practices
- System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the following operating systems: Windows Server 2012 or later, VMware and Active Directory
- MCSE certification
- ITIL training and/or certification
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and newer
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- (SCCM) 2012 and newer
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2012 R2 and newer
- Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS)
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.