The Health Group Product Manager will act as the Product Manager and General Manager of the Leidos Enterprise Application Framework (LEAF) in Health. The PM/GM and will be responsible for creating the business strategy, overseeing execution, managing operations, and scaling the business using his/her experience to commercialize the technology into a growing, profitable, multi-vertical P&L. The Leidos Health Group is the first business within Leidos to be ready to commercialize LEAF along with healthcare specific domain services. As such, the primary near-term focus of the Product Manager is to support Leidos Health Group and, in particular, careC2, and the commercial healthcare-facing business within the Health Group and across Federal Health.
The ideal candidate will be a product visionary and aPaaS / PaaS thought leader, with the innovation and execution capabilities to deliver within a fast-paced, agile environment.
- Responsible for developing, defining and owning the product vision and strategy for LEAF across Leidos Health
- Establish and review KPI’s, divisional goals and external customer experience. Lead internal cross-functional teams and external client requirements sessions to envision new innovative products, features, product concepts and develop user stories; translating them into a logically sequenced and optimized roadmap
- Takes an outcome-driven approach to creating transformational products
- Ensures features align to the customer needs and business unit goals and get to market per specifications, achieving desired outcomes and the expected adoption and usage by the customer
- Identifies the customer segments with strong growth potential and opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to the customer and profitability/ROI to the organization
- Proactively identifies and resolves strategic issues that may impair functionality and/or the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Performs business and financial analysis, monitoring and reporting and builds business case to justify expenditures for building products
- Performs as Product Management and Agile SME and as consultant to senior management and key stakeholders in area of expertise and in support of product launch efforts
- Understands how technology advancements can add value and solve customer issues and increase customer satisfaction. Keeps up to speed on all new product launches in the online space
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least five years of experience in commercial software/aPaaS product/business management and at least eight years of experience in product/business management or management consulting
- 12+ year’s professional experience which should include five years of experience with client-facing solution development
- Have direct experience commercializing a product
- Be a visionary strategist, capable of thinking and planning five and ten years out, visualizing the future state of business and positioning in multiple industries, and conceptualizing the right structure and go-to-market approach
- Understand business model transformation and how to pivot an existing business from a services model to a commercially product viable product
- Highly driven, motivated and results-oriented self-starter with excellent communication and organization skills
- Significant experience focusing on the usability and adoption of products by end-users
- Significant experience influencing internal and external stakeholders around product requirements, roadmaps, etc.
- Experience working on product initiatives where the products optimize the process, task or set of tasks
- Experience with concept-to-launch product design
- Experience working with customers on product ideation, creation and strategy
- Ability to operate independently and productively in an unstructured environment
- Previous UI/UX experience working directly with end-users and designers for product initiatives
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to validate KPI’s, identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- MBA, Masters or other advanced degree
- Experience managing commercial software products, preferably SaaS and PaaS at enterprise scale
- Experience in software products for automation, healthcare, pharmacy or workflow optimization is a plus
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Top Management TEC
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.