Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Windows Server Systems Administrator in Washington, DC.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Create and deliver server capacity planning for the Windows platform.
- Ensure server performance thresholds are operating in accordance with industry standards based on the life of the server.
- Collaborate with networks and storage teams continually to ensure the infrastructure capability is providing the most effective and efficient performance.
- Maintain documentation for the Windows servers footprint to include physical and virtual across all environments, maintaining the Windows patching schedule and executing patch and version updates, monitoring servers capacity, servers performance, and performing server recaps.
- Maintain and administer a multi-site, multi-domain Windows server on-premises infrastructure and in Azure Cloud IaaS environment.
- Participate in disaster recovery (DR) planning and execution in support of customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4-8 years prior relevant experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience as a Windows systems administrator with an IT equipment vendor, service provider, or a data center.
- Demonstrated experience with clustering and network load balancing, certificate management, and managing Windows servers remotely.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows servers (Windows 2012, 2016, and newer) as well as Tier 3 troubleshooting to maintain the Windows infrastructure for the current and new application hosting environments.
- Experience with Active Directory Federation Services, clustering and network load balancing, certificate management, and performing backups and restores.
- Understanding of Windows Server design, configuration and administration.
- Patching and CM tools: SCCM, Bigfix, and SEP (Symantec Endpoint Protection).
- PowerShell Scripting experience.
- Completing registry backups and modifications.
- Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies.
- Use of Windows Task Scheduler.
- Application of security settings/STIGs and other commercial security best practices.
- System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration.
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools.
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer’s IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Exploration and Mission Support Operation builds trust through the delivery of enduring solutions for our customers’ information technology and mission support needs. We enable the delivery of citizen services and the exploration of space and scientific advancement to benefit humankind.
- Space Mission Operations
- NASA Human Health and Research
- Enterprise IT
- Civil Spacecraft Engineering and Operations
- Specialized Engineering Services
- Supply Chain Management and Complex Logistics
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.