Leidos is hiring a Sr. Java Developer for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. As our Senior Java Developer, you will utilize your extensive experience to develop and maintain the high-performing Java applications. You will have prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. You wll also develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools. In your role, you will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
- Bachelors' degree plus 8 years experience, or Masters' degree plus 6 years' experience
- Extensive Design and Programming skills in Java and JEE technologies.
- Extensive hands-on experience with Maven.
- Experience working on Agile projects and strong knowledge of Agile terminology and tools including VersionOne/JIRA.
- Experience working on web based applications using MVC frameworks like Struts 2.
- Experience with modern software development tools for Continuous Integration including Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience with Web Services Technologies (XML, JAXP, JAXB, JAX-WS, AXIS, JERSEY, JSON, CXF, REST and SOAP) and Security (LTPA, JWT, OAUTH2).
- Hands-on Design and development experience on Restful API.
- Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. JUnit, Mocking frameworks), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior-driven development (BDD) (Cucumber).
- Experience with JEE technologies including Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, and Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with WebSphere.
- Operating System and Infrastructure experience with Linux, Windows 7, Unix, Solaris, JMS, OOD, CVS.
- Experience with VersionOne Application Lifecycle Management Tools
- Experience with Jenkins and Continuous Integration.
- EStandards & Protocols knowledge including XML, XSLT, WSDL, JSON.
- Experience with source code versioning and Pull Requests with Git and Stash.
- Experience with IDEs such as Eclipse or VS code.
- Knowledge of SonarCube, Phabricator, Gerritt, Karma, Jasmine
- Knowledge of projects using SAFe methodology.
- Experience with DevOps processes and implementation.
- Experience with environments utilizing Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with NGiNX web server.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.