The NEPA Professional will provide support to the Western Service Area (WSA), Operations Support Group to ensure compliance with a wide array of federal, state, and local laws and federal regulations through evaluations, analysis, and thorough review of documentation. This will include interpretation and advice regarding the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) on federal actions affecting the National Airspace System (NAS).
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support between Airports, Air Traffic facilities, and the FAA for environmental issues resulting from proposed actions triggering NEPA application.
- Evaluate the potential environmental impacts associated with proposed actions involving air traffic routing or flight path changes. Heavy emphasis on noise impacts resulting from these changes.
- Provide SME support for appropriate level of environmental documentation in the form of Categorical Exclusion (CatEx), Environmental Assessment (EA), or Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) on FAA initiated actions.
- Coordinate and draft written responses to environmental analysis resulting from requests for changes to traffic routing or flight path changes.
- Coordinate final NEPA documents including CatEx, EA, or EIS, and associated Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) or Record of Decision (ROD) for projects requiring NEPA application.
- Experience writing or reviewing NEPA documents, including, but not limited to: Categorical Exclusions (CATEX), Environmental Assessments (EA) and/or Environmental Impact Statements (EIS).
- Experience reviewing all NEPA impact categories.
- Working knowledge and proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office applications to include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office and MS Power Point.
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Candidate selected must have 12-16 years of exempt relevant experience.
- Ability to translate complex data/information into concise written documents. for a non-technical audience.
- Experience with FAA or aviation related programs.
- Ability to plan, initiate, organize and prioritize work independently.
- Experience with database management, KSN websites, and MS Excel.
- Usually requires BS Degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
The NISC III program within the Civil Group at Leidos offers an array of exciting career opportunities for professionals in the fields of engineering (fire protection, civil, power, electrical, structural, spectrum, environmental, construction) computer and database developers, project management professionals, instructional/training developers, air traffic controllers, aeronautical information specialists, terminal instruments procedures (TERPS), financial analysts, intelligence analysts, logistics analysts, and HR specialists as well as many other disciplines
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Environmental Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.