The Candidate will work with sponsors’ management and engineers to identify a roadmap of cloud capabilities in multiple cloud vendor environments. The candidate will build automated processes to maintain the infrastructure as well as monitor the system to ensure availability. The candidate will perform the necessary maintenance tasks and automation of those tasks to support availability. The candidate will support the design, design documentation, factory testing and integration of cloud infrastructure.
General Tasks include developing architecture, assessing management architecture, documenting the architecture, developing test plans, security hardening and conducting the test effort. The candidate will be responsible for installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution. The overall focus is changing current processes from reactive to proactive and modernization of existing architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12+ years’ experience; additional experience in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years UNIX (Linux, Solaris, BSD) administration experience
- 6+ years’ experience building cloud based solutions
- Remote network and server administration experience
- Experience with multiple cloud technologies (i.e. Azure, AWS, etc)
- Experience with implementation of X.509 certificates, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and other security paradigms
- Routing and WAN connectivity experience
- Ansible, Puppet and or other provisioning automation experience
- Experience with IP related services to include HTTP, FTP, NNTP and SMTP
- Experience with routing services to include DHCP, ARP, RARP
- Experience with connection services to include SOAP, RMI, RPC
Security Clearance Requirement
- Must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph in order to be considered for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.