Leidos has a current job opportunity for a Firewall Engineer at the Pentagon.
This individual will serve as a Firewall Engineer on the DISA GSM-O program supporting the Joint Service Provider (JSP). The Firewall Engineer is a member of the JSP Firewall team that is responsible for managing and administrating multiple levels of firewalls across a variety of security zones throughout JSP networks and enclaves. The Firewall Team is also responsible for creating, deploying, and configuring new firewall contexts or virtual firewalls to support business and operational needs.
- Create, deploy, and configure new firewall contexts or virtual firewalls
- Apply firewall modifications in line with JSP procedures and within established timelines
- Manage firewalls in accordance with STIG, Ports, Protocols and Services Management (PPSM), DISA, and National Security Agency (NSA) requirements
- Optimize firewall performance
- Correct findings or issues identified by the Firewall Assurance Program
- Oversee the completion of all firewall changes (routine small, medium, large to include expedited and emergency)
- Provide after-hours support for high-priority firewall issues
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of Firewall experience; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of Firewall experience within the DOD environment
- Must have a certification that satisfies DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 requirements upon start
- Must have a Juniper, Cisco, Palo Alto certification upon start
- Demonstrated knowledge of Implementation of Perimeter and Internal Firewalls (both physical and virtual contexts)
- Demonstrated advanced experience in managing standard baseline configuration across numerous firewalls
- Demonstrated advanced experience in evaluating rules to ensure maximum security while minimizing redundancy in rules
- Demonstrated experience with researching and fielding new and innovative firewall technology
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance and be Top Secret – Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Eligible (DIA Adjudicated or capable of reciprocal acceptance by DIA)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.