Leidos is seeking a dynamic Deputy Program/Project Manager (DPM) with previous technical experience with Navy Integrated Undersea Surveillance Systems (IUSS) and federal contract project or program management. The candidate will be responsible for formulating in port and at-sea work standards and schedules for Operations and Maintenance crews aboard SURTASS vessels, Field Service Technicians overseas and locally, and program management office located at the government customer site. This position is located in Virginia Beach, VA. The SURTASS Deputy Program/Project Manager will assist the Program Manager to manage and communicate the Leidos personnel policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to the team. Lead program execution and have overall staffing, schedule and budget performance responsibility. Responsible for the development, maintenance and implementation of management plans, and will be responsible for all work and deliverables on the program. The DPM will interface frequently with customers and subcontractors/teammates and will be responsible for organizing and conducting program status reviews, team meetings and various other business rhythms. Part of the program responsibilities will include the performance of earned value management and risk/opportunity management. To include; cost/financial management, contract/ subcontracting management, manpower planning, execution and control of program contractual, administrative, and financial requirements.
The SURTASS Deputy Program/Project Manager directs all phases of programs from inception through completion. Performing PM duties that include Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRL) preparation and delivery, advising and coordinating with the Contract Officer Representative (COR). Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas. Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test. Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience
- Ten (10) years’ experience managing complex Navy Combat Systems, with at least six (6) years’ experience in management of Anti-Submarine Warfare systems.
- Four (4) years of personnel management and administration, cost/financial management, contract/subcontracting management, work force planning, and execution and control of program contractual, administrative, and financial requirements.
- Previous success as a Program or Project Manager, ideally for a government contract/program.
- Demonstrated experience managing deployed and co-located personnel effectively; including flexibility to account for personnel located around the world.
- Demonstrated experience managing contracts where the government customer was not co-located.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with military customers, with leaders of all levels, and with employees
- A Secret clearance is required prior to start
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for and retain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Former USN senior enlisted / officer with hands on experience with IUSS
- Understanding of COMSEC
- Previous management and supervision of complex Navy anti-submarine warfare towed array systems and Integrated Undersea Surveillance Systems (IUSS) ~ (5+ years)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.