The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Technical Architect in Bethesda, MD.
The Senior Technical Architect will provide technical guidance and leadership to develop, modernize, enhance, operate and maintain services for the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute’s NHLBI ITAC mission critical systems. The Senior Technical Architect will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact with the program office for technical matters and issues, and will be responsible for technical performance of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the technical architecture, strategy, solution development, and execution of systems and infrastructure information technology (IT) and support services. This will include providing comprehensive systems engineering oversight, analytical and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of innovative IT solutions and professional services to modernize ITAC’s legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical and mission-support functions.
- Serve as Leidos’ principle technical point of contact to provide engineering expertise, guidance for the design, development, implementation, and sustainment of IT solutions to enhance overall system performance and availability;
- Responsible for architecture and design, and accountable for creating and implementing industry best practices for software development in an agile environment.
- Lead the research, analysis of alternates, solution design and implementation planning of IT solutions for modernization existing applications with least risk strategy;
- Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of strategies for future cloud migration;
- Serve as a Liaison between the program office and the development team, effectively communicating business priorities, design and architecture decisions to the development team (agile scrum team) and ensures technical governance and adherence to the mutually agreed design principles and implementation plan.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architecture Team of the NHLBI program office to get the design and architecture approved prior to implementation.
- Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to a complex matrixed Information Technology operation;
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, and integration advice on complex matters requiring expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation;
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience in engineering and architecting enterprise IT solutions
- Ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for the success in this position
- Demonstrated experience with Process and Design in particular with Object-oriented design, UML (Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, etc.), Relational Database design, Service Oriented Architecture, Software Refactoring, Microservices and Restful Web Service concepts, Agile methodologies (Scrum), Configuration Management (Git), and Continuous Integration / DevOps (Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube)
- Demonstrated experience working with Databases such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience leading design and implementation of complex IT solutions on a large Program (100M+)
- Demonstrated experience developing new, complex software applications and modernizing complex legacy applications
- Demonstrated experience working with Client Enterprise Architecture team to define the architecture as part of the modernizing efforts
- Demonstrated experience working on Enterprise Cloud applications
- Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
- Demonstrated experience in network and cyber security design, engineering and operations with emphasis on NIH capabilities
- Demonstrated experience in Cloud environments, including hybrid cloud
Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience in Secure DevOps/Agile concepts and processes;
- Demonstrated experience in Testing with Junit, Mockito and DvSetup
- Experience with Operating Systems (Windows/Linux)
- Experience working in Cloud environment such as Azure, AWS or Google
- At least one nationally recognized vendor certification
- Cloud Architect, DevOps or SysOps Associate or Professional Certification
Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.