The Government Health and Safety Solutions operation is looking for a Scrum Master to provide technical guidance and leadership to develop, modernize, enhance, and operate services for the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI) in Bethesda, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scrum Master Certified Project Manager with project management services for large web-based and client-server applications;
- Experience developing the program level documents, including Software Development Plan, Quality Management Plan, Project Management Plan, and Requirements Trace-ability Matrix;
- Experience working and coordinating with customer;
- Serve as Requirements Lead, reviewing and mentoring Business Analyst(s) on the requirements collected;
- Strong skills in managing the scope of work, schedule, and facilitating the meetings as a Scrum across multiple projects;
- Experience generating, providing recommendations, and facilitating SDLC to Agile transition for various projects;
- Experience working with JIRA;
- Ability to effectively perform peer reviews, functional, system, regression, and UAT testing on applications based Oracle10g, Java, HTML technologies;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple project teams in Scrum;
- Responsible to facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings;
- Possesses conflict resolution, does conversation by focusing on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect;
- Strong communication skills, ability to work in a fast moving Agile environment and work with friendly team. Must be able to help team or individuals to clarify goals and actions to achieve them. In addition, must be able to shield his team from outside distractions and interferences;
- Needs to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source;
- Needs to be an expert in estimation and planning. Knows how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects;
- Should be a good coach in Agile practices. Can coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools;
- Ability to ensure the correct use of scrum process;
- Ability to track and remove impediments to keep tasks moving forward;
Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of related experience.
- Experience with Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum and Kanban;
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices;
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like: Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.;
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that they can explain other methodologies to motivate his team;
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures;
- Knowledge about Agile techniques such as User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games;
- Good skills to coach teams on how to follow agile scrum;
- Ability to take and understand team commitments to deliver the product on time;
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery;
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, and user stories etc.;
- Familiar with common development practices, service oriented environments, and Agile practices;
Strongly Preferred Education, Certifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree
- PMP Certification
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- NIH experience
Requires the ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.