Leidos is looking for a creative and experienced Multimedia Specialist for an exciting opportunity to support our Communications Services contract onsite at the Department of Justice’s Office of Public Affairs.
The Senior Multimedia Specialist serves as videographer, still photographer, script-writer video producer and multimedia expert to create a variety of digital communication products. Products include external communication videos, video news stories, videography, photography and livestreaming of special events, conferences, symposiums, community activities and producing Podcast episodes.
Provides multimedia support for digital media using appropriate software, including, but not limited to: Adobe Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, and After Effects. Researches, prepares, and disseminates visual information and new media through various communication outlets, including digital media outlets, web, and social media. Responsible for story development and conducting video interviews.
The Senior Multimedia Specialist must be able to travel locally (within 50 miles of D.C.), on relatively short notice, approximately once per month.
Please note: Task order is only for 1 year (could be extended, but no promises).
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain Public Trust Security Clearance. Must attain a DOJ Public Trust clearance before starting work—typically a 2 month process from the time paperwork gets submitted.
- Seven years of directly relevant multimedia experience involving frequent, high-level technical, and time-critical needs in the visual marketing, media, digital communication and public information service areas.
- Requires experience in managing projects with specific results and deadlines.
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and superior oral and writing skills, as well as outstanding project management abilities.
- Must be responsible for consistently upgrading and maintaining technical skills and capabilities in the application of emerging media technologies and software.
- Must have experience using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Must be proficient in motion graphics, dynamic and static infographics, video lighting and sound design.
- Must be proficient in operating audiovisual equipment and audiovisual editing. Visual communication will be in accordance with appropriate branding and editorial style guides.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Video Production, OR related Communication field from an accredited college or university AND 7 years of related experience; OR Master’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, Video Production, or related Communication field from an accredited college or university; OR High School diploma and 10 years of experience in Broadcast Journalism, Video Production, OR related broadcast field.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Multi Media
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.